Monday, September 1, 2014

blueberry lavender scones


Scones are one of my favorite pastries to enjoy because they go so well with coffee and aren't as sweet as most other desserts. Today I made some blueberry scones added with some lavender herbs to give it an extra kick. They are so easy to make and you can enjoy them with your coffee or a glass of milk.
I was actually debating whether I should make the scones with a rose water based glazed cream or with the lavender herbs. I ended up going with the lavender because I felt that it was a better match with the blueberries. 
Ingredients
2 1/4 cups flour, 1/4 baking soda, 1 tablespoon sugar (can add more if you prefer sweeter), pinch of salt, 1/2 cup butter, 1 egg, 1/2 cup milk, 6 oz blueberries, 2 tsp lavender herb
Once you gather all your ingredients, combine the flour, baking soda, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Cut the stick of butter into smaller pieces and mix it into the flour. once the butter is well mixed in with the flour, add the milk, egg whites and mix into a dough. Carefully add the blueberries and try not to smash them into the dough. Mold into a thick pancake-like shape and cover in plastic wrap. Refrigerate the dough for approximately 1 hour. 

Take the dough and create 8 slices for the scones. I brushed the scones with the egg yolk and sprinkled some brown sugar on top. Bake in the oven at 375 F for around 20-30 min until it is a nice brown. 


 Once it is ready to be taken out, I let it cool for a few minutes before separating the wedges. After that, ENJOY. 




***please don't hate at my pathetic attempt to bake T___T

No comments:

Post a Comment