Monday, September 8, 2014

matcha green tea donuts

I had to make two trips to the store to make these stupid donuts...TWO trips. I thought I only needed to get some matcha powder but when I came home I realized we ran out of oil. Anyways I saw this on A Beautiful Mess' blog and my sister had a hand-me-down donut machine from her friend so I thought why not ya'know.


I don't know if it was the crappy machine or my crappy batter, but these didn't turn out as great as I though they would. 

Batter:
1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar (I used less)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
2/3 cup oil (I used olive)
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix all the wet ingredients in another bowl. Put the wet ingredients in with the dry and mix together. I baked the donuts with the instructions provided on the Bella donut maker. 

Green tea glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon matcha powder
1/4 cup boiling water

whisk the ingredients together and let it cool for a few minutes. 


Dip the cool donuts in the glaze and allow them to set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment