Tuesday, September 2, 2014

marble cake

When was it ever August?! How is it that September has already arrived and the countdown to school has begun. 

I don't know whether it's because i'm trying to get my mind off the thought of school or i've been too inspired by Julia Powell from Julie & Julia, but i've been on a baking streak. My parents think i'm going though some mid-youngadult crisis or something because i've been spending a lot of my free time in the kitchen. Maybe I've watched too much food network but i've been really enjoying baking and trying to make new types of food i've never tried before (yup, my life is very exciting guys). It's funny because I never eat any of the things I bake and simply stuff it into my mom's mouth and let her be the judge. I mean, she's not complaining. 

Today I baked some marble cake, I don't think i've ever really ate marble cake before but I think I got mine to taste like what it's supposed to taste like. I got the recipe off Erica's Cannella Vita blog which you can find the recipe to here


I guess I failed at dividing the two batters to create the marble pattern in the bread. 

The chocolate batter was too concentrated on the bottom, but it's aallll gooood. Live and learn. 




No comments:

Post a Comment